- Text detection
- Character segmentation
- Character classification
Go out and collect large training sets of positive and negative examples. Take that green rectangle and we slide it over a bit and then run that new image patch through our classifier to decide if there’s a pedestrian there.
- artificial data synthesis
- just collect the data and you label it yourself
- crowd sourcing
Where should you allocate resources? Which of these boxes is most worth your efforts, trying to improve the performance of.
- choose one module
- provide it the correct text detection outputs
- And then, use the same evaluation metric as before, to measure what is the overall accuracy of the entire system
- go to step 1, but choose another one